Friday, November 13, 2009

Catching up with Bev Vuilleumier aka Notorious B.E.V

Bs 360
Photo: Christy Chaloux

How are you and what have you been up to lately?
I'm doing good, moved to Breck and have been waiting for the snow to come but have been riding a bit. Bought a TV and the Office seasons so I've been keeping pretty busy.

What’s been the highlight(s) of your 08/09 season?
Mostly doing a bunch of contests last year, going to Hawaii and getting a shared part in Peepshow.

Any big plans for the up-coming season?
Not really, filming again and more contests!

Is there something in particular you'd like to accomplish in your snowboarding career?
Yeah hopefully pay my rent somehow. Also it would be cool to get good at jumping.

What's something you can't stand in snowboarding?
Injuries suck as well as trying to get past mental blocks for tricks. I get scared a lot.

What do you think makes people so critical/judgmental towards girl snowboarding in general?
Well guys are f'n good at snowboarding. Some girls are too but as a whole we're not there in terms of tricks and stuff we hit. Sooooo, we get hated on but who cares snowboarding is fun and some people worry way too much for others than themselves.

What do you think you'd be doing if you weren't into snowboarding?
Probably working some boring job or being a snow bum.


Cliff drop.
Photo: Christy Chaloux

What's something we don't know about you?
My sign is Cancer.

Okay, so a lot of people know you as a talented snowboarder, but what about the Notorious B.E.V? Do you get recognition as a music artist yet?
No I gotta step my game up first! Write more songs! Haha

When did you get into it?
Kinda started in High School. Once I rapped my entire book report to my class and got an A +. Then I got the nickname Notorious B.E.V. when I was in a band called Ill Harmonix. My friend played the harmonica, i tried too but I mostly rapped. We did this at lunch, nothin serious! haha.

Any music plans for the future?
Yeah gonna start workin on my 3rd album soon, probably have some special guests from the One Life Crew as well as Izzy for sure!

Can we hear samples somewhere?
Ummmm not yet! I may have an old myspace but I forgot my password, no updates in the past few years.

Do you think you could eventually become the girl's version of MFM or Justin Bennee?
Not unless I get some mad style and way better at my Tables!

Anything you wanna add before we get done ?
Yeah keep checkin the Peepshow blog for updates this winter! Peace!


Bev with pal Raewyn in a dash of inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment